Fairfield Police Department Crime Free Multi-Housing Program
The Fairfield Crime Free Multi-Housing Program is desinged to help tenants, owners, and managers of rental property keep drugs and other illegal activity off their property. The program is solution-
oriented and designed to be easy, yet very effective in reducing the incidence of crime on rental property.
Utilizing a three part approach, the program ensures a crime prevention goal while maintaining an approach which is very tenant-friendly.
Phase One: An 8-hour training seminar for property managers presented by the police department. Topics include tenant screening, crime prevetion, evictions, and drug/gang recognition. Attendees receive a certificate upon completion.
Phase Two: A security assessment of the rental property to certify that minimum safety requirments have been met.
Phase Three: A resident crime prevention meeting is conducted and the property then receives full certification.
Certified members of the Fairfield Police Department Crime Free Multi-Housing Program experience many benefits:
- A more stable and satisfied resident base;
- Lower maintenance and repair cost;
- Improved safety for residents, managers, and visitors;
- Use of the Crime Free logo in advertising and marketing materials;
- Weekly update of police calls for service that occur at that property;
- Membership in the Fairfield Rental Property Association, a networking group of local managers;
- A direct link to the Police Department through the Crime Free Multi-Housing Unit for assistance and support;
- Community name and contact information listed on the Fairfield Police Department's webpage.
The first step to becoming a member of this program is Phase I, an 8-hour training seminar for management personnel. To register, please contact:
Upcoming Phase I Training Seminars:
- June 8th (Wednesday)
- September 8th (Thursday)
- November 9th (Wednesday)
To view a current list of certified CFMH properties, click here.
Featured Property of the Month
Bridgeport Ranch Apartments
451 Pittman Road
Fairfield, CA 9533