The Traffic Engineering Division is responsible for street lighting, transportation planning, design, and operations. This section provides guidance to field staff responsible for the installation of various regulatory/warning/guide signs, striping/markings, signals, and other related traffic control devices.
Traffic Engineering is comprised of a team that works with residents, consultants, contractors, and other City staff to address a wide variety of issues or projects.
- Coordination or preparation of detailed plans, specifications, and estimates for traffic signals and street light improvements
- Preparation of traffic engineering studies for various traffic control devices (i.e., speed studies, travel time, warrant analysis)
- Study, monitor, and adjust signal systems to optimize capacity of the transportation system
- Work with school officials to alleviate circulation issues at neighborhood schools
- Partnering with the Police Dept. to address parking, neighborhood, speeding, school circulation, collision, and other various issues
- Review traffic control plans for all projects
- Analyze and evaluate high crash locations
- Identify pedestrian and bicycle routes to transit centers
- Address capacity and parking issues in business districts
Information and Documentation
Click on the links below to download documents (Adobe Reader required)
- Average Daily Traffic (ADT) Citywide Map (October 21, 2010)
- Crosswalks (Updated June 17, 2010) - Installation of crosswalks
- Neighborhood Speeding (Updated June, 21, 2010)
- Speed Limits (Updated June 21, 2010)
- Speed Survey Index (UPDATED June 13, 2012)
- Stop Signs (Updated June 17, 2010) - Installation of stop signs.
- Traffic Control Devices (Updated June 17,2010) - The City's standard regarding the installation and modifications of traffic signals, signs, striping, and markings.
- Traffic Signal Coordination (Updated June 21, 2010)
Consultants and Contractors
Garland Wong, PE
Traffic Engineer, Traffic Engineering Section
Fairfield Transportation Center
2000 Cadenasso Drive
O | 707.434.3800