Parks & Trails
Parks and trails are a vital part of our community. Research has proven that children and adults that live near parks and trails have better physical health and mental well-being.
- Parks support brain development in children by encouraging learning, problem solving, and social skills.
- Playing outside in natural areas help reduce symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD).
- Parks and trails promote social health and unity by creating a sense of community.
- Parks and natural areas help the environment by reducing air pollution and greenhouse gases.
- Parks and trails have been shown to increase the value of the surrounding neighborhood homes.
- Businesses are more likely to locate in communities with an abundance of recreational opportunities.
- Local parks are essential for a healthy community to thrive!
Fairfield Parks ~ Come Out and Play!
Hours of Operations
All City parks and trails are open during daylight hours from dawn to dusk.
Rules of Conduct
Chapter 12B of the Fairfield Municipal Code govern the City parks and trails.
Facility Rental & Sports Fields Information
Planning to hold a large party at the Park? Need a space for your special event? Interested in reserving a sports field? Want more information? Contact Cynthia Williams at 707.428.7428 at the Community Resources Department.
To report park vandalism or park maintenance issues you may fill out an on-line form: Report Park Maintenance Issues or you may contact the Operations staff in the Landscape/Tree Division at 707.428.7407.
Emergency Number - Using a Cell Phone
To contact the Fairfield Police Department to report vandalism or crime using a cell phone, please dial 707.428.7373. The California Highway Patrol dispatch receive all 911 calls made from cell phones.
Contact the Park Planning Division at 707.428-7431.