Recycling and Waste Management
The City of Fairfield sets the policies for transporting and disposing of solid waste and recyclables. Solano Garbage Company / Republic Services is the City's exclusive franchised hauler for the City's solid waste, recyclables, and green waste. Fairfield City Code requires that all residential, industrial and commercial businesses must subscribe to garbage and recycling service.
Commercial and Industrial Services
- Commercial Recycling Services
- Containers & Carts (Recycling, Green Waste & Trash)
- Food Waste Recycling (Commercial Kitchens, Restaurants, Grocery Stores)
- Rates & Services
- Waste Audits
* NEW* Effective July 1, 2012 - Mandatory Commercial Recycling
Assembly Bill 341 mandates that starting in July 2012, all businesses that subscribe to four cublic yards or more of solid waste services, and all multi-family housing complexes with 5 units or more, must have recycling services. If your business is currently subscribing to recycling services through Solano Garbage Company, your business is already in compliance with the new mandate. If you are not currently subscribed to recycling services your business can meet this new mandate in several ways:
1.) Your business may choose to subscribe to recycling services through Solano Garbage Company
* There are no additional costs to subscribe to recycling services
* You will not be required to submit an annual Recycling / Diversion to the City or track your recycling.
2.) Your business may choose to have a Recycling Plan, which identifies the items that you sell, donate, reuse, recycle or otherwise divert from entering the landfill.
* Businesses that choose to have a Recycling Plan will be required to submit an annual Mandatory Commercial Recycling / Diversion Report to the City, as proof that they are meeting the new state mandate (AB 341).
For more information on the new mandatory commercial recycling requirements, contact Esther Estrada Blanco at 707.428.7528.
Construction and Demolition (C&D)
- Authorized C&D Haulers
- Construction Diversion Requirements *NEW* (coming soon)
- Information for C&D Haulers
Hazardous and Special Waste
- Batteries, Oil, Paint and Antifreeze (BOPA) collection center
- Electronic Waste (E-Waste) - disposal
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection Program
- Medical Waste Disposal Locations
- Used Motor Oil Collection Centers
Residential Services - Fairfield Residents
- Carts (Recycling, Green Waste & Trash)
- Discount & Special Services
- Rates & Services
Street Sweeping Services
Effective January 1, 2012, Solano Garbage Company will be providing street sweeping services to the City of Fairfield. For more information regarding street sweeping, please call 707.437.8900.
Information and Resources
For more information, please call the City's recycling hotline number at 707.428.7489.