City Commissions & Committees

Maddy Act - Local Appointments List


In compliance with the requirements of the Maddy Act, California Government Code Section 54972, the following appointment list of the City of Fairfield Commission and Committee members is posted on an annual basis by December 31. The City of Fairfield encourages residents to apply for positions in efforts to build an applicant pool representative of the whole community. Commissioners and Committee members serve at the pleasure of the legislative body, must be residents of the City of Fairfield and be 18 years of age or older.  Youth Commissioners must be between the ages of 12 and 21.

The names on this list are subject to change based on resignations or terminations that occur during the year. Please refer to the corresponding commission page for current membership or contact the City Clerk's Office at (707) 428-7402 or via e-mail

Local Appointments List 2020

The City Commissions and Committees are as follows:

The Mayor appoints the commission and committee members with the approval of the City Council.

O | 707.428.7402

Current Openings  

Youth Commission

2 seats are available on the Youth Commission for a term of January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2022. Applicants must be residents of Fairfield and between the ages of 12 and 21. Mayor Harry Price will appoint the commission members with the approval of the City Council. Current members may re-apply and serve up to three terms.

Members of the Youth Commission serve as an advisory body to the Fairfield City Council on community-wide issues or projects having the potential to impact youth of the community. The Youth Commission interacts with the other City commissions as deemed necessary by project or issue. 

The Youth Commission currently meets on the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. Youth interested in being considered for the commission need to fully commit to making a difference in our community.

Download the application or request one by mail or email by contacting Deputy City Clerk Amber Alexander at (707) 428-7402 or Completed applications may be submitted via mail or email.