Fire Prevention Division
Welcome to Fairfield Fire Department Prevention. This division's responsibilities include:
- Plan-checks and field inspections on commercial cooking equipment (UL-300)
- Specialized extinguishing systems review and testing (FM-200, Inergen, and other clean agent systems)
- New businesses inspection and permit issuance
- Commercial daycare inspections
- Residential care fire clearances (Community Care Licensed facilities)
- Public education and special event programs
- Vegetation management/weed abatement
- Fire investigations
- Special event (tent/canopy) inspections
You'll also find our fire prevention standards, fee schedule, and links to other fire and life safety sites. Also, if you have a question take a look at our FAQ's link which could provide your answer at the click of the mouse!
To schedule an inspection or for additional information please email or call Fire Prevention.