Online Crime Reporting Frequently Asked Questions

Question What do I do if online incident reporting is not right for me?
Answer If your incident is an emergency, call 911. If non-emergency, call 707-428-7300.

Question What if this happened in another city can I file a report using this online police citizen reporting system?
Answer No, If a crime took place outside of the City of Fairfield, please call the police department for that city.

Question What if this happened on a state freeway?
Answer If this took place on a state freeway, please call the California Highway Patrol Office nearest you.

Question What is a known suspect?
Answer A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime. Having suspect information may also including knowing the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in. If the suspect is known, the report should be made through the Police Department Dispatch Center at 707-428-7300.