Recycling Information & Resources
GIS Maps - Please click box in upper right hand corner to see legend
- Solano Recycling Guide 2015 - A countywide guide to find locations to recycle or donate unneeded items. Please see the online magazine or download your own PDF version.
- Agricultural Plastic Recycling - Dispose of agricultural plastic for free. This service offered to all local farmers through Encore and Yolo County Landfill.
- Bike Project - Donate your used bicycles and bicycle parts to CMF to be rebuilt into new bicycles. Refurbished bikes are donated to the community.
- Bottles & Cans Recycling - California Redemption Value buyback locations in Fairfield. A list of where to return your bottles and cans to receive the CRV redemption.
- Carpet Recycling - Zanker recycles all types of carpet and pads are accepted. Material must be dry and clean.
- Cartridges for Kids - Get paid to recycle empty cartridges, toner and electronics. Raise money for your school, charity or business. They even provide free shipping labels call 1.800.420.0235.
- Ceiling Tile Recycling - Contact the Armstrong Recycling Center at 1.877.276.7876 for more information and locations.
- Earth911.com - A great resource to search for locations to take your recyclables.
- Flags / Retiring an American Flag - There are several ways to retire an American Flag.
- Food Industry Donations - Solano Food Bank accepts large and small donations of food products.
- Gifts from the Garden - Solano Food Bank accepts fruit and produce donations from your home garden. They can also assist to find a group to pick fruit from trees.
- Gone for Good - Document destruction, paper shredding, e-waste recycling and also help set up and manage business recycling - 707.430.4380
- Goodwill Industries - Donate clothing, household items, and e-waste - 707.864.1331
- Mattress & Box Spring Recycling for commercial businesses and residents is available through Bye Bye Mattress. Find a location for Mattress Drop-Off. Residents may receive $3 per mattress and box spring recycled. Fairfield Residents living in single family homes may request up to two free bulky waste pickup per year. Call Republic Services to schedule a curbside pickup at 437.8900. Fairfield Residents living in multi-family homes (apartments/condos) may pick up one free landfill coupon at the Public Works Department, 1000 Webster Street. Call 428.7491 for hours. Proof of residency is required. Landfill coupon is non-transferable. One per household per year. Landfill coupon is good for 2 cubic yards of debris or materials.
- Medication - Unwanted or expired medication can be dropped off free in bins located in the lobby of participating pharmacies. Please contact Don't Rush to Flush for more information. You may also sign up to be notified when the next Prescription Take-Back Event will be scheduled in the area.
- Medical Equipment - Donate medical equipment you no longer need such as medical beds, walkers, crutches to families in need. Pickup maybe arranged by calling Jackson Medical Supply at 707.446.7014.
- Motorcycles - Recycle Motorcycle Oil. See Ryder Cycle for information on riding events.
- Mission Solano Thrift - Donate appliances, used clothing cars, boats, trailers and RVs to help support Mission Solano Thrift store is located at 2025 N. Texas St., 707.425.3663
- Paint Care - Product Stewardship charges a fee from the paint you purchase to pay for the recycling. Paint Care has drop-off sites where the public can take unwanted, leftover items such as paint, varnishes, and concrete waterproofing. Visit the website for a complete list and drop off locations.
- Plastic Bag and Film Recycling - Find locations at nearby retail stores to drop off plastic film and bags.
- Recycle Rex Activity Book - Free children's coloring and activity book with games and puzzles. Learn to recycle where you live, learn, and play!
- Recycling Theft - Unauthorized Collection Flyer - Dumpster diving, scavenging, and removing items from carts and bins set out by residents and businesses is illegal in the city of Fairfield.
- ReStore Solano-Napa Habitat for Humanity - Offers deconstruction services for large construction projects. They also accept furniture, appliances, and large home items.
- Reuse Network through Republic Services- Search online for information and locations on where to take your items you no longer need. You can donate, sell, trade, or recycle!
- Smoke Detectors - There are two types of smoke detectors, do you know which you have?
- Solano County Outdoors - A guide to parks and open space in Solano County (2016)
- Solano County Family Resource Association - Donate household items to foster children who are over 18 and are starting out their new lives. For more information Visit: SolanoCountyRFA.org
- Solano Food Bank - Donate Food to Solano Food Bank. The Fairfield Warehouse is located at 2339 Courage Drive-Suite F. Call 925.408.4459 for information.
- Thermostat Recycling - Older thermostats may contain mercury. It is illegal to put them in the trash. You can recycle old thermostats free at two locations in Fairfield.
- United Cerebral Palsy of North Bay - Donate small household items, used clothing and e-waste - 800.423.9350
Opt Out of Receiving Junk Mail and Reduce Unwanted Mail
Opt Out of Receiving the Yellow Pages and Other Directories
City Code / Ordinance & Franchise Agreement
Special Exemption - Limited Hauling Permit for Businesses
Businesses may request a permit for limited hauling of recyclables and debris of 4 cubic yards or less, if the hauling is not the primary business, and is done in conjunction with other services such as clearing debris or homes. An Authorized C&D Hauler must be used for larger quantities or to put down debris bins.
Residential and Commercial Self-Haul Permit (not Construction and Demolition)
For more information, please call the City's Recycling Hotline number at 707.428.7489
Fairfield City Hall is open Monday - Friday 8 am - 5:30 pm. Closed on the 1st and 3rd Friday.