Electronic Waste (E-Waste)
Trade, sell, donate, or recycle your unwanted
a. Gazelle, NextWorth, and E-Bay are a few online companies where you can sell working electronics.
b. Check with the manufacture of your items to see if they offer credit to upgrade.
c. Retail stores such as Best Buy or Target offer recycling and trade-in programs.
Donate to local thrift stores or non-profit organizations
To donate, call to schedule a pickup from your home or office.
a. Mission Solano Thrift Store, 2025 North Texas Street, Fairfield, CA 94533 - 707.425.3015
b. Goodwill Donation Sites
- Donation Trailer, 180 Grobric Court , Fairfield, CA
- Fairfield Goodwill (Green Valley Shopping Center) 5081 Business Center Dr. 707.864.1331
- Fairfield Goodwill, 1819 North Texas Street - 707.429.233
c. United Cerebral Palsy of the North Bay, 2860 Cordelia Road, #100, Fairfield CA - 1.800.423.9350
Drop off electronic waste (e-waste) at the following locations
a. Republic Services
, 2901 Industrial Court, Fairfield, CA 94533 - Customer Service 707.437.8900
Accepts up to five items of e-waste at BOPA Center M - F 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. - 12 noon
b. Gone for Good Free Paper Shredding & E-Waste Drop Off Events - (707) 437-4380 x110
- Last Saturday of the Month (March - Oct )
- 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the corner of Jefferson and Empire Streets. Downtown Fairfield
- A jobs creation program for United Cerebral Palsy of North Bay
For more ways to recycle e-waste see the Solano County Recycling Guide's E-Waste Brochure
Please remember to remove the batteries before recycling e-waste, and please remember to recycle the batteries too!
Regulations for collection of e-waste
E-waste, universal waste, covered electronic devices, Cathode Ray Tubes (CRTs) and CRT glass are all classified as hazardous waste when discarded and requires proper handling and reporting.
E-Waste Events and Fundraisers:
Any company collecting and transporting E-waste in the City is required to submit E-Waste Diversion Reports to the Public Works Department.
- Quarterly E-waste Diversion Reports must include:
- Name of Company(s), Address and EPA ID number
- Location the of E-Waste Event (or collection)
- Amount of materials collected in pounds or tons
- Types of E-waste materials collected
- Location that E-waste was being hauled and processed
- Method or company that will be recyclng
- Other materials collected at the event
- Annual E-waste Diversion Summary Reports are due by March of the following year
- For one time E-waste events held in the City
- Prior to the event
- Provide all pertinent information of E-waste collector/hauler (EPA ID number)
- Event information - The date, time, location, of the event
- Who the event is being held for. (i.e. school, non-profit, or charity)
- After the event
- Submit the E-waste Diversion Report.
- The report is due 30 days after the event.
For regulations on transportation, handling, storage and reporting of E-Waste: